Thursday, August 6, 2009

My week in the Windy City

My week in the Windy City was a very strange and exciting combination of culture, thrill and education.

The things I expierienced during my time in the Second City:

1. People are kind: Never thought you would find that now a days. Everyone we met was extremly helpful, encouraging and nice that it was so hard to believe. When a question was asked concerning where a monument was or where a good place to eat would be, they all made sure that we did not leave confused or without information. Very refreshing.

2. Amazing Food: All restaurants are taken such good care of and there is such a variety throughout the city. Whether Asian, Italian, Indian, or American, everything was extremly delicious and you could not find the same thing at each restaurant. I enjoyed an amazing combination of flavors each time I ate that I don't think I will expierience it ever again.

3. Amazing Architecture: From Sears tower, to the many parks, to the stacked brickhouse apartment buildings, every thing in Chicago is made big. Not only is each section of town equally beautiful, they each have their own culture. You can go into different worlds in China Town, Little Italy, Greece, and North and South side.

4. People are very open with their sexuality: I won't go into much detail but no one is afraid of the way that others might think of them. Hell, their is even their own gay section of town. Very interesting is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment